DVM, DABVP (canine and feline specialty)
Dr. Jennifer Willans joined Landing Animal Clinic in 2006. She practices full time at Landing Animal Clinic. She enjoys all areas of general veterinary practice, but has a particular interest in dermatology, internal medicine and dentistry. Her dog Sandy comes to work with her every day.
- Completed 3 years of a Bachelor of Science in Honours Zoology, University of Alberta
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, Western College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Saskatchewan, 1998
- Diplomate, American Board of Veterinary Practitioners, certified in canine and feline practice, 2004
- President of the Alberta Veterinary Medical Association, 2012.
- President of Tails of Help, 2013-present. Tails of Help is a registered charity that provides financial support for veterinary care to companion animals belonging to Albertans with financial need.
Jennifer has been a member of the following veterinary committees:
- Canine and Feline Examination Committee, American Board of Veterinary Practitioners
- Companion Animal Committee, Alberta Veterinary Medical Association
- Practice Inspection Practice Standards (PIPS) Committee, Alberta Veterinary Medical Association
- Hearing Tribunal
- Advisory Board Member, Calgary Animal Referral and Emergency Centre
- Community Mentor, University of Calgary Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
- University of Calgary School of Veterinary Medicine (UCVM) Admissions Committee
- Secretary, Calgary Academy of Veterinary Medicine
- Jennifer won the “Young Veterinarian of the Year” award from the Alberta Veterinary Medical Association in 2005
Jennifer and her husband Jason have a passion for traveling, hiking, skiing and snow-shoeing. You will also find them at many arts events around the city of Calgary.